- Vistara, a joint venture of Tata group and Singapore Airlines, became the first airline to connect Singapore and Pune with non-stop, direct flights with the objective to cater to the growing travel demand between the two cities. The 4x weekly flights on the route will especially benefit the corporate travellers, who can now enjoy seamless connectivity on India’s finest airline.
- In celebration of this new route, Vistara, in association with Changi Airport, had organized a trade event at Hotel Fort Canning on 8 December 2022 which was attended by senior officials and members of the Little India Shopkeepers and Heritage Association (LISHA), Singapore India Chamber of Commerce, key travel agencies and several other Indian associations. The High Commissioner of India to Singapore, His Excellency Mr. Kumaran Periasamy was the chief guest at this event and was joined by Mr. Deepak Rajawat, Chief Commercial Officer, Vistara along with Kaizad Postwalla, Head of Sales – International, Vistara and Tony Lim, Managing Director, GSA, Discover the World for the ceremonial ribbon cutting.
- The event also included a raffle draw with flight tickets as awards that went to Ms. Wendy Loh (SVP Sales & Marketing, SATs) & Ms. Shalini Krishnan (Manager, Singapore India Chamber of commerce).
- The Singapore-Pune route was started by Vistara on 2 December 2022. The inaugural flight was virtually flagged off by Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia – Hon’ble Union Minister of Civil Aviation, India – along with Mr. Vinod Kannan, Chief Executive Officer, Vistara; Mr. Chandrakant Patil, Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Maharashtra & Guardian Minister of Pune; Dr. Sudhir Mehta, CMD, Pinnacle Industries Pvt. Ltd. and other dignitaries.
- Vistara is India’s highest-rated airline on Skytrax and TripAdvisor, and it has been the winner of several ‘Best Airline’ awards, besides being lauded for world-class cabin cleanliness and upholding high safety standards. The airline has recently been featured amongst World’s Top 20 Airlines while being recognized as the ‘Best Airline in India and Southern Asia’ for the second time in a row, ‘Best Airline Staff Service in India and Southern Asia’ for the fourth consecutive year, ‘Best Cabin Crew in India and Southern Asia’ for the second time in a row and ‘Best Business Class in India and Southern Asia’ at the coveted Skytrax World Airline Awards 2022.
Photos Credit: Vistara