An easy, traditional Italian creamy custard
Mrs Meenakshi Lakshmanan
1/3 cup skim milk
7 grams or .25 ounce unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan.
3. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into individual ramekin dishes.
5. Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature.
6. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.
The dessert can be served with the ramekins.
If the dessert is served in a plate, in a light warm bowl dip the ramekins for 10 seconds and loosen the edges with a butter knife and transfer the custard to a plate.
Top it with some berries or some berry sauce or a dust cocoa powder or u can pour some honey.
Serve it cool