Pasta kichadi – February 3rd, 2015
Mrs Valliammai Pichappan
Pasta – 1 box
Onion – 2 big
Tomatoes -2 big
Vegetables – Carrots, beans, capsicum, peas and cabbage
Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
Coriander and mint leaves – a hand full
Chilli powder – 1 table spoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 table spoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – a pinch
1. Boil the pasta, strain the water and rinse it with cold water and keep it aside.
2. In a pan add oil and season it with mustard seeds, urad dhal and curry leaves
3. Add onion and ginger garlic paste to it.
4. Now, add tomatoes.
5. Fry all the above.
6. Now add all the vegetables and all the powders along with salt.
7. Once all the vegetables gets cooked, add the coriander and mint leaves to it.
8.Finally add the pasta, stir well for couple of minutes.
9. Off the stove and cover it with the lid for five minutes.
10. Now pasta kichadi is ready to serve.