Left Over Rice Balls – April 1st, 2008
If there is any excess of cooked rice it could be made into delicious evening snack. So, do not grumble, if there is any left over rice. It is simple to make.
1. Take those excess rice, mash and keep it aside.
2. Finely chop the available vegetables like carrot, beans, cabbage,cauliflower etc..,
3. Also finely chop green chillies.
4. Grind ginger and garlic into paste.
5. Take a tea spoon cornflour, besan flour, salt to the taste and mix well with water into a paste form.
6. Now add everything together – chopped vegetables, green chillies, ground ginger and garlic paste, mashed rice, flour paste and mix well.
7. Now make this into small balls and deep fry in the oil.
8. Take out the fried balls one after another, when it turns to brown in colour.
9. Serve with tomato ketchup.
10. Left over rice may be replaced either with boiled sweet corn or any type of noodles.